A bowl filled with fresh zucchini spaghetti topped with Whole30 Homemade Spaghetti Meat Sauce is one of my favorite comfort food during the Whole30 program.
This Healthy Delicious Whole30 Homemade spaghetti meat sauce is hearty, packed with Italian flavor, meaty, thick, and no added sugar. It is such a delicious sauce that can also be served over spaghetti squash for a Whole30 or Low-carb meal.
You can also serve this fantastic sauce over traditional spaghetti or pasta too. I used to cook for my boyfriend over the weekend, and it would be a lot of work if I have to prep a whole new menu for him. While I am doing Whole30, he eats all the healthy food with me. But sometimes he loves to have the traditional spaghetti and pasta. So I use this Healthy Delicious Whole30 Homemade spaghetti meat sauce with spaghetti, this way I am not making separate meals, and Everyone WINS! This is such a good idea on date nights, sharing good food with great taste with each other.
As Always Thank you for stopping by and reading my article,
Whole30 Homemade Spaghetti Meat Sauce Recipe
YIELD: 4 serving
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 2 hours and 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours and 25 MINS
1 lb. ground beef
1 carrot, finely diced
1 whole yellow onion, finely diced
2 stalk of celery, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, can use dried as optional
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
15oz. can tomato sauce
2 cups of beef broth
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat containing 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and continue to sauté until very tender and even turn slightly brown on the edges, this should take about 8 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it up with the back of your spoon, and for about 7 minutes boil meat until it’s no longer pink.
- Add fresh thyme, dried oregano, and season it with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the garlic and let cook until fragrant, for about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, bay leaf, and beef broth.
- Add another pinch of salt and pepper. Turn down the heat to low. Cover and let it cook for 1 hour.
- After cooking for an hour, uncover, and let it continue to cook uncovered for 1 more hour. It should reduce into a nice, thick sauce.
- Keep stirring it occasionally so that it doesn't burn at the bottom.
- Take Bay leaf out, and it is ready to be served.
- Serve with spaghetti squash, zucchini pasta, or Traditional spaghetti, as your desirer. Enjoy!
Hi, I am Natty! And Thank you for stopping by!! I am a foodie girl who has a passion for cooking, exercise and photography. There are so many favorite recipes from my family and friends I have tried throughout my journey that balances out and makes a healthy meal. I would like to take you on a journey to a different pantry around the world to share my favorite stories and recipes. My hope is that they inspire and benefit you.
When You Feel Like Quitting, Think About Why You Started.