The Microphone Cupcakes & A Three Layers Yellow Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
I chose the yellow cake from my favorite baking recipe book at all time called the Cake Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum. This is a great cake to bake for almost any occasion. It is delicious, moist and filled with a rich butter flavor. I used less sugar and vanilla than the recipe requires, but this was a personal choice.
I also used ice cream cones instead of traditional cupcake cups for decorative purposes. I topped them cream cheese frosting and decorated them using fondant.
Notes on this recipe
-**I cut a 1/2 cup of sugar and a 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract out of the recipe as I did not want it to be too sweet when paired with cream cheese frosting.
- While you are baking, don't be tempted to open the oven. Turn on the oven light and watch to make sure that the cake is rising.
- The star of the yellow cake is its buttery flavor. Use a high-quality butter, you will be thoroughly thrilled with the outcome.
- This recipe makes approximately about 35 microphone cupcakes. Use a mini cupcake pan to set each ice cream cone into the mold and prevent them from collapsing.
- Alternatively the recipe makes two 9 1/2 inch round cakes. Grease the baking pans with the leftover butter wrapper or a butter spray.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before you frost it. I often bake the cake a day before After it has cooled I wrap it with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge until I'm ready to decorate.
6 large egg yolks at room temperature
3 cups cake flour, sifted
1 cup milk at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature. Cut into small little cubes.
cream cheese frosting
1 cup unsalted butter softened or at room temperature
1 package or 8 ounces cream cheese, chilled
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
*** I usethe mini ice cream scoop, one tablespoon ( 35mm). Fill two scoops in each ice cream cones**
Cream cheese frosting
Assemble the cake:
Dab the buttercream on the cake stand (2 tablespoons ), put the first layer on top of the Cream cheese frosting. Cover with the second layer of cake. Repeat this with remaining three layers.
Once your cake was assembled, crumb coat your cake.
Decorate the cake to your style!!!!!!
Hi, I am Natty! And Thank you for stopping by!! I am a foodie girl who has a passion for cooking, exercise and photography. There are so many favorite recipes from my family and friends I have tried throughout my journey that balances out and makes a healthy meal. I would like to take you on a journey to a different pantry around the world to share my favorite stories and recipes. My hope is that they inspire and benefit you.
"To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness".