Hi Everyone !
I can't believe we are in the middle of September already! Which reminds us it will be the end of summer. I had a thought to make a dish to say good bye to summer before Fall is knocking on my door.
Last week after I picked up some flank steak from the grocery place, I was looking for vegetables to work with this yummy and tasty flank steak. What could be good with beef flavor ? I was lucky to find some snow peas this late in summer. So let snow peas be my feature of this week.
I wanted to make a stir-fry that would bring the flavors out from beef and be a little crunchy from the snow peas. This is a great and satisfying dish perfect for a week night meal. Perhaps you can enjoy this meal in between one of the many festivals or activities going on this weekend, or Sunday night to wind down and relax from the weekend.
Oh well….. It's the last month to enjoy summer food and summer fests…
I am not ready to say good bye to summer yet because so many festivals are still going on.….
Here are some festivals for this week:
- The portage park community fair : Enjoy food, crafts and arts. I know one of my friends shows her craft works there. Check out The Three Letter Birds works of whimsical insiprations and spiring .
- Spirits tasting at the zoo : get ready to be shaken and stirred.
- Oaktoberfest : celebrate the changing season. Enjoy pulled pork, wine, craft beer and music.
- Evanston art & big fork festival : food , music and art.
- Riverwalk fine art fair : enjoy the river walk along with delightful fine art.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend
1 pound marinated* flank steak
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tablespoons beef stock
4 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/2 pound thinly sliced mushrooms
1 pound snow peas, trim the end
black pepper for garnish
cilantro for garnish
*Marinade for the Flank steak
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon black pepper
Leave a Reply.
Hi, I am Natty! And Thank you for stopping by!! I am a foodie girl who has a passion for cooking, exercise and photography. There are so many favorite recipes from my family and friends I have tried throughout my journey that balances out and makes a healthy meal. I would like to take you on a journey to a different pantry around the world to share my favorite stories and recipes. My hope is that they inspire and benefit you.