Thai Ginger & Garlic Rice, Shitake Mushroom, Almond And Quinoa Stuffed Turkey Breast Recipe
Thanksgiving meal with a thai flavor and flair.
This dish is great for someone who is planning to have a small group over for dinner and want to avoid roasting an entire turkey and for those who prefer white meat.
My friends and i had decided to meet for lunch and we had been craving Thai Chicken and Rice ( khao Man Gai )
I decided to combine my Thai influence into this dish.
Let's talk about Khoa Mun Gai!
Khoa Mun Gai is well known as a Thai street food Served everywhere in Thailand. It is a simple and yet flavorful dish to make. The star of this dish is the combined flavor from the chicken, garlic and ginger. The rice preparation is topped with steeped chicken a side of fresh cucumber, cilantro and opo squash cooked in chicken stock and tauchu sauce ( Yellow soybean paste ).
For the rice preparation, the traditional method is to use the chicken fat from the browned chicken skin to cook the rice, as this will bring out the most flavor in the rice.
This dish which is originally from China and is known as Hainanese chicken rice .
The traditional preparation is to boil the whole chicken for the stock and use the chicken stock in the rice preparation.
These are the note for these recipes:
- You can prepare turkey the night before. You can pop it in the oven while you are cooking the rice.
- You can use minced ginger in a tube which is available at a grocery store if you dont have fresh ginger in your pantry.
- You can make the rice and quinoa ahead or a night before you are stuff it into the turkey breast.
- You can substitute opo squash with Daikon just remember to increase the cooking time by an additional 20 minutes.
- You can also use miso paste instead of tauchu. It is easy to find at most Asian markets.
- For healthier choice
- I use my coffee grinder to grind the spices as it is the most effective way and releases the most flavor from them.
The menu components:
- Thai Ginger & Garlic Rice, Shitake Mushroom, Almond And Quinoa Stuffed Turkey Breast Recipe.
-Natty Style Khoa Mun Gai ( Rice infuse chicken, garlic and ginger flavors ) Recipe
- Opo Squash Recipe
- Natty Style Thai Miso Sauce
Prep time 45 minutes
Cooking time 60-70 minutes
100g shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup yellow onion
1/2 cup Cooked Natty Style Khoa Mun Gai ( Rice infuse chicken, garlic and ginger flavors )
2 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
2 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup slivered almond
1 boneless, turkey breast half (about 3-4 lbs)
Salt and pepper
4 tablespoon olive oil
Fresh cilantro for garnish
Fresh cucumber, thinly slice. Serve on aside
Comments are closed.
Hi, I am Natty! And Thank you for stopping by!! I am a foodie girl who has a passion for cooking, exercise and photography. There are so many favorite recipes from my family and friends I have tried throughout my journey that balances out and makes a healthy meal. I would like to take you on a journey to a different pantry around the world to share my favorite stories and recipes. My hope is that they inspire and benefit you.