Happy Sunday Everyone!
I always crave for great spicy dishes all year around but in the winter, it is the soup variations that warm me up from the inside out. Recently while at the grocery store I saw some great have butternut squash and decided to go home and make a flavorful bowl of butternut squash soup.
This comforting soup is as perfect an addition to your cold day recipe collection, like your favorite sweater. It is also a great vegan offering if you have specialty eaters in your household. The served warm soup is as smooth as a bisque and is loaded with aromatic and distinct flavors of rosemary and sage and the warmth of paprika.
The caramelized onion, when combined with sage and rosemary gives the soup a complex sweet yet savory flavor profile.
I also added candied pecans for the crunchy texture and another layer of decadence.
*Notes on this recipe
- I cut the butternut squash into small cubes and roast them. This allows the herbs to be absorbed into butternut squash and enhances the nutty flavor
- Roast the butternut squash in the oven while you make the soup base as it will save your time.
- If the soup is too thick, add more chicken stock to thin it out ( 1- 1 1/2 cups depending on the consistency you are trying to achieve)
- For the vegan option
Thank you for stopping by and stay warm!
Happy Sunday Everyone!
I can't believe this year is almost over and thanksgiving is here.
So i decided to create and Thanksgiving meal with a Thai flavor and flair.
This dish is great for someone who is planning to have a small group over for dinner and want to avoid roasting an entire turkey and for those who prefer white meat.
My friends and i had decided to meet for lunch and we had been craving Thai Chicken and Rice ( khao Man Gai )
I decided to combine my Thai influence into this dish.
Let's talk about Khoa Mun Gai!
Khoa Mun Gai is well known as a Thai street food Served everywhere in Thailand. It is a simple and yet flavorful dish to make. The star of this dish is the combined flavor from the chicken, garlic and ginger. The rice preparation is topped with steeped chicken a side of fresh cucumber, cilantro and opo squash cooked in chicken stock and tauchu sauce ( Yellow soybean paste ).
For the rice preparation, the traditional method is to use the chicken fat from the browned chicken skin to cook the rice, as this will bring out the most flavor in the rice.
This dish which is originally from China and is known as Hainanese chicken rice .
The traditional preparation is to boil the whole chicken for the stock and use the chicken stock in the rice preparation.
These are the note for these recipes:
- You can prepare turkey the night before. You can pop it in the oven while you are cooking the rice.
- You can use minced ginger in a tube which is available at a grocery store if you dont have fresh ginger in your pantry.
- You can make the rice and quinoa ahead or a night before you are stuff it into the turkey breast.
- You can substitute opo squash with Daikon just remember to increase the cooking time by an additional 20 minutes.
- You can also use miso paste instead of tauchu. It is easy to find at most Asian markets.
- For healthier choice
- I use motor to smash ginger and garlic as it is the most effective way and releases the most flavor from them. If you don’t have motor, use blender!
The menu components:
- Thai Ginger & Garlic Rice, Shitake Mushroom, Almond And Quinoa Stuffed Turkey Breast Recipe.
-Natty Style Khoa Mun Gai ( Rice infuse chicken, garlic and ginger flavors ) Recipe
- Opo Squash Recipe
-Natty Style Miso Sauce
Hope you are all have a happy Thanksgiving.
Here is the brunch and dinner inspiration :
- Seared Pork tenderloin with cocoa-Chili Mexican spice rub taco : chipotle chili , ancho chili , jalapeño give a little kick to the Taco.
- Roasted Barbecue Ribs with smoky spicy Coffee Dry Rub (Oven)
- Bourbon barbecue sauce
- Mini red curry cornbread loaves : this silky corn bread with a red curry flavor. Red curry adding depth of flavor to the cornbread.
Talk about drink.
I have beer a long with my ribs. let 's make it unique because my dad love whiskey and bourbon. Growing up seen my dad had a glass of whisky and watched spot every night. Would be great to come up with a mixed drink recipes that have my dad's story in it :) …
- Not my daddy coffee: dark stout is infused with rich coffee flavor and aroma with some a some hint of bourbon.
- My Daddy classic : this simply drink with bourbon and soda, make it so special to put my dad name on it.
Hope you are all Enjoy time with your DAD ...... Happy Father's Day ……
Happy Father's day which mean we have to write greeting card, cooking brunch/dinner, taking and some presents to show application for being cool.
My dad live in Thailand……. a thousand miles away from me …. But distance never stop me to show how much I love him.
I live a cross the world from my family and friends. Every mile from the journey,I have been correcting experience and wise. Every word he teach me to become the person who I am. Big Thanks for my dad. I get a chance to say it twice a year because In Thailand we celebrate Father's day on Dec 5 in every year.
The idea for Father's day menu Start with my friend Pack Cruz brought me some stout beer that her husband( Jason ) brewed it with bourbon and coffee. I have to tell you this guy well known as a great paintball master. Later on, I just found out that he is the Master of brewing beer . Trust me I am not just saying that because they giving me a few bottles of beer every time they visiting. I have to say it good because his beer are great .
Did I mention , Stout beer is my big thing !.
Bourbon and coffee!!!! when I heard this two ingredient, I told Pack … let's put this for my Father's day menu idea on my blog. Then I am thinking about Rib with coffee rub and bourbon barbecue sauce.
Roasted barbecue ribs with coffee dry rub were born !!!!
This dark stout is infused with rich coffee flavor and aroma with some a some hint of bourbon….. Good beer but no name …
Sound like it is easy to name something. But not for me …. I need some help.. friends , my mom , my dad, my brother or my trainer.
One hour of training at the gym : result are fit and firm and my new stout beer name….. " Not my daddy coffee " …. Thanks Lauren ( my trainer )
Hi, I am Natty! And Thank you for stopping by!! I am a foodie girl who has a passion for cooking, exercise and photography. There are so many favorite recipes from my family and friends I have tried throughout my journey that balances out and makes a healthy meal. I would like to take you on a journey to a different pantry around the world to share my favorite stories and recipes. My hope is that they inspire and benefit you.
"You love someone, you open yourself up to suffering, that's the sad truth. Maybe they'll break your heart, maybe you'll break their heart and never be able to look at yourself in the same way. Those are the risks. That's the burden.Like wings, they have weight, we feel that weight on our backs, but they are a burden that lifts us. Burdens which allow us" Bones
Don't wait for the perfect moment,take the moment and make it perfect. - Zoey Sayward-