Happy Sunday Everyone!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with your family and friends.
The Friday after Thanksgiving is the best day of transform all your leftovers into a new dish. The remaining turkey, cranberry sauce and stuffing from the day before all can become a perfect breakfast ensemble. These leftovers taste better the next day as they will have soaked up all the flavor.
With that in mind I will show you how to transform your turkey leftovers into a flavorful meal
This shiitake ramen will help you to welcome the winter cold like your favourite blanket. The richness and depth of flavor from the shiitake and shiro miso compliment turkey very well. A steaming bowl of delicious ramen while relaxing on the couch makes a great start to the weekend after Thanksgiving.
- Simply Homemade Miso Shiitake Ramen With Turkey Leftover Recipe -
“Giving thanks is good for everyday and everyone”.
Happy Sunday Everyone!
I can't believe this year is almost over and thanksgiving is here.
So i decided to create and Thanksgiving meal with a Thai flavor and flair.
This dish is great for someone who is planning to have a small group over for dinner and want to avoid roasting an entire turkey and for those who prefer white meat.
My friends and i had decided to meet for lunch and we had been craving Thai Chicken and Rice ( khao Man Gai )
I decided to combine my Thai influence into this dish.
Let's talk about Khoa Mun Gai!
Khoa Mun Gai is well known as a Thai street food Served everywhere in Thailand. It is a simple and yet flavorful dish to make. The star of this dish is the combined flavor from the chicken, garlic and ginger. The rice preparation is topped with steeped chicken a side of fresh cucumber, cilantro and opo squash cooked in chicken stock and tauchu sauce ( Yellow soybean paste ).
For the rice preparation, the traditional method is to use the chicken fat from the browned chicken skin to cook the rice, as this will bring out the most flavor in the rice.
This dish which is originally from China and is known as Hainanese chicken rice .
The traditional preparation is to boil the whole chicken for the stock and use the chicken stock in the rice preparation.
These are the note for these recipes:
- You can prepare turkey the night before. You can pop it in the oven while you are cooking the rice.
- You can use minced ginger in a tube which is available at a grocery store if you dont have fresh ginger in your pantry.
- You can make the rice and quinoa ahead or a night before you are stuff it into the turkey breast.
- You can substitute opo squash with Daikon just remember to increase the cooking time by an additional 20 minutes.
- You can also use miso paste instead of tauchu. It is easy to find at most Asian markets.
- For healthier choice
- I use motor to smash ginger and garlic as it is the most effective way and releases the most flavor from them. If you don’t have motor, use blender!
The menu components:
- Thai Ginger & Garlic Rice, Shitake Mushroom, Almond And Quinoa Stuffed Turkey Breast Recipe.
-Natty Style Khoa Mun Gai ( Rice infuse chicken, garlic and ginger flavors ) Recipe
- Opo Squash Recipe
-Natty Style Miso Sauce
Hope you are all have a happy Thanksgiving.
Hi, I am Natty! And Thank you for stopping by!! I am a foodie girl who has a passion for cooking, exercise and photography. There are so many favorite recipes from my family and friends I have tried throughout my journey that balances out and makes a healthy meal. I would like to take you on a journey to a different pantry around the world to share my favorite stories and recipes. My hope is that they inspire and benefit you.
"You love someone, you open yourself up to suffering, that's the sad truth. Maybe they'll break your heart, maybe you'll break their heart and never be able to look at yourself in the same way. Those are the risks. That's the burden.Like wings, they have weight, we feel that weight on our backs, but they are a burden that lifts us. Burdens which allow us" Bones
Don't wait for the perfect moment,take the moment and make it perfect. - Zoey Sayward-